Zackito

Career mode engine wear

Hi,

I started at HAAS with my first season of career mode, after the first race the engine wear was already at 50%. I don't shift to late or anything at all, as far as I am aware.

At the 2nd race I started to lose power because of wear in the ICE. So now for the 3rd race I ended up changing the MGU-K and ICE already, how is this possible?

I noticed that I can drive around 80 laps with each engine part, I have 3 practice sessions of 30 minuts each and the race takes about 15-20 laps. 

The engine can only hold up 4 races max, but I also need to do practice and qualifying. So each race weekend I will drive around 40 laps. 

How am I supposed to manage this?

I am now upgrading the reliability hoping to get more out of the engine. 

Am I the only one with heavy wear? 

Hi, I have been using the setups of this forum during my 2016 career, it was a great help to get my cars on a better setup! This years game is amazing, its a huge step forward compared to F1 2016.

I actually experience the same problems with the engine wear in my career mode. So I started searching on the internet what could be the problem and it seems that there is a glitch in the game. I think I found the problem, so I decided to make an account and share what I found.

The wear is not accurate, because there is some kind of glitch with the length of your race weekend. Especcially when you do a 25% race it messes up the wear rate. In a 25% race the wear obviously is 4 times higher per lap than when you do a full race, this way you get the same amount of wear, no matter the length of your race.

But it seems that it messes up the wear during your practice sessions. When you do all the tests in practice and also do a full Qualifying you are racking up the laps you do in a weekend and because of your 25% race weekend all those laps will have a 4 times as high of a wear rate than it would when you do a 100% race.

So Codemasters needs to fix that, plenty of people want to do as much as possible during practice sessions, because there you can score the most resource points.

I hope they will fix it sooner than later, because it already messed up my career mode, I am at Monza and all 4 engines are completely ruined, all parts are completely red and useless. I also had to allocate most of my resource points to reliabillity which in the end wasn't neccessary, so as soon as they fixed it I will restart career mode!

Thanks Bert, I was already suspecting that as being the issue.

Yesterday I downloaded update 1.4 and it seems to be better but I can't confirm yet, there is nothing about it in the changelogs. 

Zackito,

I believe that was just a minor patch, there still need to be some fixing done. I read stuff about messed up audio and I experience flickering skies in many grand prixs, which is annoying, the whole backgroud is flickering and shaking.

So much fixing needs to be done, but I think (and hope) that Codemasters will get on top of this.

the problem is really when you do less then  100 % races i am in my 3 rd race and engine at 58%  and gear box at 51%  have not changed any parts next race i will use that power unit ant gear box for practice only   also in RD I am consentrating on Durabilty upgrades for power unit and gear box     i am with renault  i think we have to sacrifice aour first couple of seasons and develop the car when we are with lower grid teams

I was also wondering about the parts wear down... But I'm glad I'm not the only one. 
I'm in Season 1 at 10th Race (T45/45/30-Q-Full-R50%) and I now will build in the 4th part of each. also 4th gear... 
Exepct of the first round I only invested into durability in F&E ... You cannot gather Points when you don't have a car wich is reliable. See McLaren in real life. So before I develope other parts I will try to get as much durability parts with my Sauber as possible in the first year.

16 hours ago, HerrHeinerich said:

I was also wondering about the parts wear down... But I'm glad I'm not the only one. 
I'm in Season 1 at 10th Race (T45/45/30-Q-Full-R50%) and I now will build in the 4th part of each. also 4th gear... 
Exepct of the first round I only invested into durability in F&E ... You cannot gather Points when you don't have a car wich is reliable. See McLaren in real life. So before I develope other parts I will try to get as much durability parts with my Sauber as possible in the first year.

If you're with Sauber, I'd invest my points in actually upgrading the car. Don't even look at durability for the first two seasons or so, just take grid penalties (which won't hurt you because you should be starting near the back of the field anyway).

On 29/08/2017 at 7:25 PM, James said:

I’m taking the grid penalty’s now, I qualify near the back anyway. Better to have green parts for the race.

Hey James i have a question and that is ..i started my career before the patches and am in season 4 i do 25% races all the time and my gearbox just doesnt wear ,after 5 races it is at 18% worn also all my other parts last 5 races no problems and i have only put one upgrade on each.i thought this might be because i play on low damage but i just want to know for sure as i dont think ive got the patch as my career had already started and i dont want to waste 4 seasons by starting a new one.

This is weird, I am on red bull and I raced for 4 races before my engine wear went above 60%. I replaced that and did barcelona and put them back in for Monaco. Now the ICE and TC wear is 78%, while the rest is around 50-60%.

Also before any upgrades, give priority to Durability upgrades, they help a lot

On 9/26/2017 at 8:24 AM, Vishalcross said:

This is weird, I am on red bull and I raced for 4 races before my engine wear went above 60%. I replaced that and did barcelona and put them back in for Monaco. Now the ICE and TC wear is 78%, while the rest is around 50-60%.

Also before any upgrades, give priority to Durability upgrades, they help a lot

I also noticed this but if you upgrade your components with the most wear in order of what needs it the most and address this factor every other race weekend then you can actually still overachieve on your objectives!

im 1st season, McClaren, full P, full Q, full R, 95% difficulty... I sacrificed Monaco because I hate it and I run my only assist of ABS. now at Sochi, durability is 1 on all parts except gearbox & ICE are 2.

im still good on wear rates but I’ve noticed the gb, knetic, and turbo are high wearing parts so pay attention to these primarily whilst progressing other area’s of R&D!

so in short if you are not swapping parts for when you need the pace (Qu. & Race) then I suggest you do so and don’t neglect durability as it will slow your rates of wear... in turn prolonging the lifespan of upgrades parts!