MattyM

Getting a little ridiculous now...

Ok so I'm in my career with McLaren, I've just gotten to Silverstone and so far all 4 upgrades that I've put on the car have failed on the first attempt. 4/4 seems ridiculously unlucky and that's now 4000 resource points wasted. I could be so much further ahead, and I'm actually starting to get quite frustrated now.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Or am I just the most unlucky person playing this game right now?

If it's engine upgrades failing, that's actually the most realistic thing I've seen ;)

I've only just had my first upgrade failure at the British GP.  I''ve upgraded the chassis twice, front and rear wing once and several durability upgrades.

I’ve just gotten to the British GP with Mclaren and had one failure to engine upgrades at the Spanish GP. Since then, I’ve invested towards the 2nd level of engine upgrade reliability and haven’t had any issues. That category is where all my resource points go outside of PU reliability.

I doubt if it makes any difference but I’m typically playing at a difficulty setting between 70-80%. 

Mclaren’s just suck for reliability if the real season isn’t enough of an example lol. I chose to drive for them because I’m a big Fernando fan second to Haas F1 but they’re kind of like that project chick you used to date. You know the one that has so much potential to bring home to mom but first you have to break her from the bad attitude & drug addictions that cause all the problems. 

On 9/6/2017 at 7:24 PM, MattyM said:

Ok so I'm in my career with McLaren, I've just gotten to Silverstone and so far all 4 upgrades that I've put on the car have failed on the first attempt. 4/4 seems ridiculously unlucky and that's now 4000 resource points wasted. I could be so much further ahead, and I'm actually starting to get quite frustrated now.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Or am I just the most unlucky person playing this game right now?

I think having 4 in a row fail is really bad luck, even without any quality control upgrades done.  I would recommend 2 QC upgrades in the area you will be upgrading the most (lets go ahead and assume PU for McLaren :P) and 1 in the rest.  With 2 QC upgrades I've completed 9 Aero upgrades for Haas with either 2 or 3 failures, and honestly in the other areas the rate of failure seems to be around the same (one out of every three or four fail) with only 1 QC upgrade, but the sample size is pretty small outside of Aero because I'm only halfway through season 2.

I definitely spent a good 10 minutes after my first failed upgrade considering if there was a way to save right before whenever the decision is made about whether or not your part failed so I could just save and load until it came up a winner, hahaha.