Switching teams: Who will be your teammate?

When you switch teams you get an offer for either being their second driver or their number one driver. This way you take the seat of the driver that is currently in the position you are offered. But does anybody know how they decide which driver you will replace? I got an offer from Red Bull to be their number one driver at the start of my second season, I thought that Ricciardo was their number one driver because he is shown first in line up of Red Bull just like Lewis is at Mercedes, Sebastian at Ferrari and all the other drivers that seem to actually be the numer ones of their teams.

When I took the offer I thought I would race with Max, but I ended up driver with Daniel who therefor was the second driver at that time. Can it be that they decide who you will replace by their current position in the championship (or that of last year when you switch at the beginning of the new season)? It would make sense if you ask me, but I just wanted to see if anybody actually knows if this is a fact or not?

It is like in the 2016 game only way to choose who you want to drive with is at the beginning when you pick your teammate. I was hoping they changed it around, but no matter if you choose 1st driver the teams 2nd driver gets replaced with who ever was the first. I got my offer from Ferrari 1st driver Vettel is no my teammate. 

It would have been nice if the drivers moved around to different team made it a little interesting too. 

29 minutes ago, Slevin said:

It is like in the 2016 game only way to choose who you want to drive with is at the beginning when you pick your teammate. I was hoping they changed it around, but no matter if you choose 1st driver the teams 2nd driver gets replaced with who ever was the first. I got my offer from Ferrari 1st driver Vettel is no my teammate. 

It would have been nice if the drivers moved around to different team made it a little interesting too. 

Okay, so Ricciardo will always be your teammate at Red Bull... That sucks.

They indeed should let drivers make team changes, but the teams don't want that because then in the game their drivers can wear the competitors outfit and they think that is a bad thing. Imagine if football clubs would act like that towards EA and therefor there can't be any transfers in FIFA 18 career mode...

Yea that's a good point but Fifa wouldn't be as much fun if the players weren't able to switch teams, but it's always interesting to see how a team improves when a better player comes to the club so in the F1 if max or kimi changed to lower teams the team would improve with those drivers making it more of a challenge and make the game more interesting with drivers moving around rather then staying at the same team for every single season.