Sign in to follow this  
JekosNL

Differential

The way I've come to understand it is:

ON THROTTLE - the lower, the more stable the rear end so far as breaking loose when accelerating out of a corner --- but the higher, the quicker. So deciding between stability and quickness depending on your skill with the throttle on your wheel/controller. I personally usually run 50-60%.

OFF THROTTLE - the lower (it seems to me), the less quickly engine drag from downshifting actually slows you down. I personally run 75-80%.

I feel pretty confident in my description of ON THROTTLE, but OFF THROTTLE is still a bit iffy. I just know where I like it.

Deke

11 hours ago, DEECO said:

The way I've come to understand it is:

ON THROTTLE - the lower, the more stable the rear end so far as breaking loose when accelerating out of a corner --- but the higher, the quicker. So deciding between stability and quickness depending on your skill with the throttle on your wheel/controller. I personally usually run 50-60%.

OFF THROTTLE - the lower (it seems to me), the less quickly engine drag from downshifting actually slows you down. I personally run 75-80%.

I feel pretty confident in my description of ON THROTTLE, but OFF THROTTLE is still a bit iffy. I just know where I like it.

Deke

Thanks for the info, been running 80% on throttle and 70% off throttle most of the time.. been working so far.. maybe with youre info i can tweek it a little better

Well I'm sure someone can probably answer the question better than I. Especially regarding OFF THROTTLE.

But those have been my personal observations....after watching a YouTube vid and experimenting.

TRL Limitless vid: