Sign in to follow this  
Bert Brantjens

The more upgrades, the more I struggle with setup

Hi guys,

I was wondering if someone could give me advise or can relate to the problem I seem to have. The more upgrades I put on my car the more I seem to struggle with finding the right setup. My car gets better but my results seem to fall off a bit, its like I don't seem to get the maximum out of the package.

I did a lot of Aero updates, setups that I saved aren't helping me out anymore the next season I get to that track. My logic is that if you do alot of Aero updates you can run a bit less downforce because the package is better and therefor you can try to compensate for lacking power. But is that the right logic or should you rather run more downforce because thats more and more a strenght of your car?

Same as with upgrading the power unit, because the unit becomes faster my logic would be that you can compensate with more downforce because the extra power gained can make you go faster through the corners (by adding the downforce) without losing speed on the straights because of the better power unit.

I hope someone can help me out here and can give me some tips.

I have fully upgraded the engine power and I am still using the same setup. Takes advantage of your faster speed, I sometime gain 500ms or mkre on a straight. 

Have you tried using a previous setup?

Yes I have used the same setups as the season before and some of these setups just don't seem to work for me anymore. With engine upgrades ofcourse it doesn't change much, it is more the chassis and aero updates that make me struggle with the setups. I save a setup for every single race and had to change most of them the next season.

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 4:39 AM, Bert Brantjens said:

Yes I have used the same setups as the season before and some of these setups just don't seem to work for me anymore. With engine upgrades ofcourse it doesn't change much, it is more the chassis and aero updates that make me struggle with the setups. I save a setup for every single race and had to change most of them the next season.

I have the exact same issue! it is crazy. I loved my setup in a couple of circuits Spa, Spain and Brazil for example. once I do some upgrades they go to hell. BTW I am not good at all setting cars up so they all start from setups here.