F1 2018 Wishlist

Its that time of year again when Codemasters focus moves on to their next instalment and with the F1 season just around the corner. 

Please add your suggestions below and we will forward to the developers.

J

• More interaction with Team Mate, setup sharing, teamwork etc.
  • More communication with race engineer.
  • Debris / Marbels 
  • Winter Testing
  • Team mate also earns development points. 

Dado que las físicas son ya muy grandes y sus bloqueos de ruedas lo mejor del mercado ( simulando como ninguno unos frenos carbocerámicos ), me gustaría tener las partes secas y las otras mojadas en el circuito.  Que los coches se ensuciaran mas. Que echen humo al salir del tubo de escape, ( azul, como en Dirt 4 ) etc ... Esperando mi copia de F1 2018;)))

I am old, retired, attended my first F1 race in Canada 1973, and started playing this franchise at "F1 Championship Edition" and have played every version until the next one came out.  Some versions were better than others.  It is a process after all, a challenge to keep improving forward.  Better, after all, is in the eye of the beholder.  Stuff from the past I'd like to see again.  F1CE had 2 features I particularly liked.  First in the lap chart, you were given lap time, sector times and speed through the trap; second you could set up a one off race and set the entire grid to your liking.  The other thing I'd like to see is a test track, just one, maybe Nurburgring or make up a venue.  Here you can practice with every weather condition and any tire compound.  This would be a track that is not currently in the rota.  Finally just to drive the programmer crazy, include a "new Team" so you can pick an engine, chassis, and paint it up yourself.  That's enough for today.  

-More classics cars (60's 70's 80's 90's....for example Jackie Stewart's Tyrrell, Six Wheeler Tyrrell, Niki Lauda's Ferrari, Villeneuve's Ferrari, Peterson's Lotus, Nelson Piquet's Brabham, Schumacher's Benetton, Damon Hill's Williams).

-More Charachters and Helmets creations options (Customizing your own Charachter like in other games like Fifa,NBA etc.. Add Sponsors, Number and Name on helmet).

-More and real Driver's celebrations (Ricciardo's Shoes, Vettel's Egyptian dance, hugs with the engineers etc) .

-Rear wing and rear tyres damage.

-Red Flag, session suspended.

-Classic Tracks (Imola, Brands Hatch, Zandvoort, Nurburgring, Watkins Glen, Buenos Aires).

-Unexpected engine blowouts

-Walking around the paddock, being able to do interviews, talk with drivers and engineers in  Career mode 

-Drivers transfers (for example Ocon to Mercedes, Leclerc to Ferrari, Sainz to Red Bull etc..)

-Third drivers: for example Kubica (Williams) Norris (Mclaren) Kvyatt (Ferrari) etc...

-Winter Testing.

-Fans celebrating under the podium (Monza and Silverstone).

-Updates or DLC during the season (for example drivers transfers like Gasly and Hartley in Toro Rosso and Carlos Sainz to Renault)

2 hours ago, WickedKRystAL said:

-More classics cars (60's 70's 80's 90's....for example Jackie Stewart's Tyrrell, Six Wheeler Tyrrell, Niki Lauda's Ferrari, Villeneuve's Ferrari, Peterson's Lotus, Nelson Piquet's Brabham, Schumacher's Benetton, Damon Hill's Williams).

-More Charachters and Helmets creations options (Customizing your own Charachter like in other games like Fifa,NBA etc.. Add Sponsors, Number and Name on helmet).

-More and real Driver's celebrations (Ricciardo's Shoes, Vettel's Egyptian dance, hugs with the engineers etc) .

-Classic Tracks (Imola, Brands Hatch, Zandvoort, Nurburgring, Watkins Glen, Buenos Aires).

-Walking around the paddock, being able to do interviews, talk with drivers and engineers in  Career mode 

-Drivers transfers (for example Ocon to Mercedes, Leclerc to Ferrari, Sainz to Red Bull etc..)

-Third drivers: for example Kubica (Williams) Norris (Mclaren) Kvyatt (Ferrari) etc...

-Winter Testing.

-Updates or DLC during the season (for example drivers transfers like Gasly and Hartley in Toro Rosso and Carlos Sainz to Renault)

Awesome suggestions, love 'em.

P.S) Single "t" for KVYAT

1 minute ago, GV43_#Arianator #JB17 (#JB17 #ScreamQueens) said:

If you want the '75 and '76 Niki Lauda's Ferrari; add the James Hunt's '75 Hesketh and the '76 McLaren-Cosworth

#ClassicRivalry But, as Niki said (on James Hunt) "He was among the very few I liked, and even fewer that I respected. He remains the only person that I envied"

• 2 weeks later...

During FP1, Let drive some F2 champions in the least cars 

On 20/1/2018 at 12:46 PM, WickedKRystAL said:

-Winter Testing.

Wow this would be a simulator of a driver life

On 20/1/2018 at 12:46 PM, WickedKRystAL said:

-Winter Testing.

Add also more damage on:

Front wing (extending it to the nose of the front wing) *Example below (SF70-H Vettel 2017 Singapore)

Tyre puncture (when you go with a puncture, if you go too far, you reach the pits only with the rim)

Also add, apart unexpected engine blowouts or failures, you can include the failures on MGU-K & "-H, gearbox, turbo, etc...

hoffnung-fuer-sebastian-vettel-nach-dem-singapur-gp-der-motor-ist-wohl-unbeschadet.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I would really like to see an option on the PS4 Formula one where emergency crews come out and assist drivers. Maybe you could also include a chopper that lands on the track taking away injured drivers, point of view like the Egame South Pacific. Also I think it would be cool to invite friends from your facebook page to come and see you drive. Maybe a padlock where they enter the game  and have a seat in the stands. "lots of ideas"lol having a good time racing!

19 hours ago, Russ said:

Hello everyone, I would really like to see an option on the PS4 Formula one where emergency crews come out and assist drivers. Maybe you could also include a chopper that lands on the track taking away injured drivers, point of view like the Egame South Pacific. Also I think it would be cool to invite friends from your facebook page to come and see you drive. Maybe a padlock where they enter the game  and have a seat in the stands. "lots of ideas"lol having a good time racing!

Yeah. That's a great idea! I'll second that! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 18/02/2018 at 8:59 PM, Russ said:

I used to love Grand Prix 4 when the crane would life the cars out the way, would be great to see marshals out on track while the safety car is out.

I saw this idea in another thread and thought it should be shared. 

Would be great to have a companion app on IOS etc where you can adjust settings in game while racing, break bios, pit radio etc as its quite hard to navigate menus while racing as menus quite clunky on a wheel.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2018 at 3:50 PM, James said:

I used to love Grand Prix 4 when the crane would life the cars out the way, would be great to see marshals out on track while the safety car is out.

I saw this idea in another thread and thought it should be shared. 

Would be great to have a companion app on IOS etc where you can adjust settings in game while racing, break bios, pit radio etc as its quite hard to navigate menus while racing as menus quite clunky on a wheel.

Yes James I like that crane idea along with options in the game where a play could select being only in the pit crew and team adjusting your car and receiving points.  A player would choose from a list of pit crews and track managers, may be experienced crews could make the shop adjustments. I recently bought project cars, don't know whether I like it yet, seems very arcade and repetitive.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd simply like the SC no overtaking rules applied more correctly, especially to the AI cars. During a recent race at Hungary the SC was deployed. During the last lap of the SC the car behind me started lunging forward and even hit the back of my car at one point. Just after turn 11 the car behind me came up beside me and actually got his front wheels in front of mine. As he slowed to move back behind me the game took that as being me overtaking him and I had to let him through or get a penalty. Completely ridiculous. I haven't seen AI behaviour like that before or since, but the air was pretty blue around me for a little while when this happened.

There should be more information about how much the grid penalty is for taking an extra engine component or gearbox. Changing this item will incur a grid penalty seems too generic. It would also be of interest to see a page in the laptop showing the total number of grid penalties each driver has accumulated.

Radio comms: I use the standard PS4 earpiece with mic and the number of times I've gotten the call that there is a strategy change, pressed the button to view the alternate strategy only to have the game immediately confirm the change is too numerous to mention. This needs to be improved.