Sign in to follow this  
4eyedCoupe

Can you change AI setting during career mode?

Question

Like the title says, it doesn't seem like I can change the AI setting after starting a career mode, is there a way to do it and I am missing it??   2018 is my first F1 game and I love it, but I've started a 3rd career because I started out on Easy (because I am a newb and couldn't compete), but as I gain more experience the drivers become un-challenging.   I started at an easy level, then started a new career at a hard level, now I have started another career on expert(90).  I would like to be able to get to the point that I can max out the AI levels, but I don't want to keep starting new careers, I would like to stick with one.  Thank you for any help/assistance ahead of time.  

r2FsWlW.jpg

9 answers to this question

On 10/9/2018 at 4:51 AM, Portuga said:

Hello everyone, I'm new to PS4 too. I'm going through a lot of difficulties. I run 89% and when I go to the race. My car is totally different and I do not know how to regulate and I do not know where to look for information.

Your car is different in the race compared to practice and qualifying because you have much more fuel in the car during the race, making it a lot heavier and therefore it tends to understeer a bit in the first quarter of the race. And secondly, you get dirty air during the race, which you normally don't do during practice and qualify, which also decreases downforce. Difficulty doesn't change this.

Hello everyone, I'm new to PS4 too. I'm going through a lot of difficulties. I run 89% and when I go to the race. My car is totally different and I do not know how to regulate and I do not know where to look for information.

9 hours ago, Portuga said:

What info are you looking for?  Hopefully we can help.  

r2FsWlW.jpg

I'm posting this pic in hopes it helps you or someone like me.  I never would have thought you would be able to make changes during a "loading" screen.  This is my first F1 game, but most other games if it's loading you usually can't do anything at all. So thank you(as I tip my cap), to Nells for replying and pointing it out. 

You can change your settings at the race loading screen(Pictured below).  You get this screen from the main menu after you select career mode and resume your career, or between race weekends. Notice in the picture it has the "options" at the bottom right while it is loading.  This is when you press the "options" button on your controller.  Once you press "options" on the controller you will be able to change the race settings, AI level and tyre management.

s1.jpeg

r2FsWlW.jpg

On 9/21/2018 at 2:22 AM, 4eyedCoupe said:

Like the title says, it doesn't seem like I can change the AI setting after starting a career mode, is there a way to do it and I am missing it??   2018 is my first F1 game and I love it, but I've started a 3rd career because I started out on Easy (because I am a newb and couldn't compete), but as I gain more experience the drivers become un-challenging.   I started at an easy level, then started a new career at a hard level, now I have started another career on expert(90).  I would like to be able to get to the point that I can max out the AI levels, but I don't want to keep starting new careers, I would like to stick with one.  Thank you for any help/assistance ahead of time.  

Now im not 100% sure but i think in one of the latest patches bought out by Codmasters explains that you can. Im not  certain but in the last game, you could swith the difficuity after every racing weekend. Sorry if this didnt help.

On 9/20/2018 at 5:22 PM, 4eyedCoupe said:

Like the title says, it doesn't seem like I can change the AI setting after starting a career mode, is there a way to do it and I am missing it??   2018 is my first F1 game and I love it, but I've started a 3rd  Nox Vidmate VLC career because I started out on Easy (because I am a newb and couldn't compete), but as I gain more experience the drivers become un-challenging.   I started at an easy level, then started a new career at a hard level, now I have started another career on expert(90).  I would like to be able to get to the point that I can max out the AI levels, but I don't want to keep starting new careers, I would like to stick with one.  Thank you for any help/assistance ahead of time.  

My car is totally different and I do not know how to regulate and I do not know where to look for information.