One crazy Austrian Grand Prix season 4 50% race

Force India, we are top of the constructors and it’s close between me sainz Perez and Ricciardo for the championship. All through fp’s I was working on a set up (in the set up list) for something that was good in the wet and would be fast enough in the dry qualifying. 

Fp3 the car felt superb in the middle sector absolutely planted. So I thought if this is good enough it’ll do. We could waste all our ultras in qualy as it was a blue wet start. 

Cheko got punted coming out the pits and didn’t set a qually time so it was all on me!

Q1 p11 with a 1:04.989 engine on 3 and 5

Q2 P2 with a 1:03.6

Q3 P1 with a faultless 1:03.3

Race start was awful bogged down went deep into turn one locked up and down to P7!!!!

jeff saying not the best start... cheers Jeff. 

Lap 6 pit for inters and suddenly the car is a monster... lap after lap of 1.12’s caught p6 and passed sainz 

lap 17 dry track just as I’m by the pit entry. I chance supers will go to the end if I can keep them cool. In this I undercut P5 Bottas as the supers were really fantastic on the outlap. 

Lap 22 verstappen at the tight turn 3 he gave me ROOM?!?!? cheers ers and fuel on max and I drove out faster than his softs even with wheelspin.

lap 27 hulkenburg and Hamilton are squabbling with ricciardo, so it’s now or never up the hill and late on the brakes and passes 2 of them leaving Hamilton to get.... last time up the hill lap 36 and Hamilton blew a tyre!! So not a difficult pass but a pass none the less!!!

P-1 and what a race!!! My best ever with wet conditions involved.