CHANGING CAREER TEAMS

Go to solution Solved by 4eyedCoupe,

Question

6 answers to this question

• Solution

It will change from team to team.  Each team progresses or develops differently .  Not going to lie, I have shut off the auto save feature during contract negotiations to see other teams developments.

Also, it's worth noting(and you probably already know) that your points go with you for the driver's championship, but the points for the constructors cup stay with the team you raced for.  For example, let's say you race for Sauber and have earned 75 points for your original team and you want to move to Ferrari and they have 100 points, after you switch Ferrari will still only have 100 points and Sauber will still be at 75 points.   

r2FsWlW.jpg

5 hours ago, coldengrey said:

First, Thanks @4eyedCoupe for being one of, perhaps 3 users, of whom I exclusively use as my F1 virtual race engineers... If you've posted a setup, I've run it!!

But back to OP's question regarding team swapping - Have few questions of my own.

I piggybacked off this one to get further guidance on a specific tactic you asserted to, 4eyed - disabling autosave to shop contract offers, negotiate, spy on development of other RD Trees..

How does that work? Best and only solution I'd come up with was going offline and delete save, reconnect to have xbox live reup my last game save. I can't seem to grasp how you manage autosave being off as there doesn't appear to be way to manage save files?

Can you or anyone else explain?

I'm not sure across the different platforms how it might work, but for me on PS4 on the main screen where you can choose what game mode to play, there is "settings" or something like that in the bottom middle IIRC, you can go in there and shut the auto save off(I can send screen shots when I get home from work later).  If you do this, you have to shut the game off after if you don't want to save or you want it to reload what you last had.  But, PLEASE don't make the same mistake I once did: If you shut the autosave off for career mode, but you do something online like a weekly event or multi-player race, it WILL save the career mode file.  I found out the hard way and took a look at the Red Bull team but never actually intended on changing and I got stuck there because I did a ranked race without restarting the game.  I hope all of that makes sense.  

One other method is I back the file up to a USB and just reload the file when needed. I do this mostly as a back up after making the above mentioned mistake, but also use it to move data back and forth between two consoles.

Here is the screen shot of the main menu. Choose "game options" and auto save is on the bottom

qDDDkDk.jpg

OdIlJ1o.jpg

r2FsWlW.jpg

On 12/13/2018 at 6:56 AM, 4eyedCoupe said:

It will change from team to team.  Each team progresses or develops differently .  Not going to lie, I have shut off the auto save feature during contract negotiations to see other teams developments.

Also, it's worth noting(and you probably already know) that your points go with you for the driver's championship, but the points for the constructors cup stay with the team you raced for.  For example, let's say you race for Sauber and have earned 75 points for your original team and you want to move to Ferrari and they have 100 points, after you switch Ferrari will still only have 100 points and Sauber will still be at 75 points.   

First, Thanks @4eyedCoupe for being one of, perhaps 3 users, of whom I exclusively use as my F1 virtual race engineers... If you've posted a setup, I've run it!!

But back to OP's question regarding team swapping - Have few questions of my own.

I piggybacked off this one to get further guidance on a specific tactic you asserted to, 4eyed - disabling autosave to shop contract offers, negotiate, spy on development of other RD Trees..

How does that work? Best and only solution I'd come up with was going offline and delete save, reconnect to have xbox live reup my last game save. I can't seem to grasp how you manage autosave being off as there doesn't appear to be way to manage save files?

Can you or anyone else explain?

On 12/18/2019 at 2:03 PM, 4eyedCoupe said:

@coldengrey Sorry, just realized how old OP and my original post were and I answered assuming that you were talking about 2019 which is what I was describing in the last post.  If it is 2018, I still have the game and can go back and check just let me know.

First, sorry for MY delay in response you took time and made effort to reply and assist me! [TRY to never be a Man of Excuses- simply an explanation, rather... our topic notification went to email junk mail, which has been corrected!)

No, no, you were dead on in assumption I was talking 2019. Um, yes, may be some variation between console platform file saving - so will keep my guard up and stay frosty.

While I've you on the line and topic, if you will, could I trouble you for insight (foresight for my F1 2019 career moves)?

Wandering how R&D upgrades should be handled (started Toro Rosso)... I ultimately plan on jumping ship to either Ferrari or Mercedes (yeah, big risk taker, huh LoL)... Will I be shooting self in foot if I stay at Toro Rosso for season, applying max R&D points possible and upgrades -only strengthening my current team, whom will almost certainly be strong rival when I jump ship very shortly?

I mean, know that's not a simple one to answer without your needing to write book length reply LoL... Should I just leave the pot of R&D points and allow Torro Rosso to apply once CPU controlled?

On 12/11/2018 at 9:55 AM, MLmotorsport said:

Hi guys. I’m about to swap my Career team to try and win the championship and I was wondering whether the R n D prepress the team I’m transferring to  Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire stays the same or I have to start again. 

Thanks. Brayden.

While I've you on the line and topic, if you will, could I trouble you for insight (foresight for my F1 2019 career moves)?