F1 2019 Wishlist

As we are now in 2019 there is no better time to start our new wish list thread.

• I say it every year but the main feature I would like to see is track marshals, ie removing crashed cars or even cleaning up track debris.
  • Be all to compete in a full career mode with a friend.

More to come :)

image.png image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Better Helmets designs, maybe copies of current drivers and historical drivers helmets that you can change to your own liking  

Track Marshals actually doing some work other then just standing by, and more frequent Safty Cars  

More unproductable car failures ie random engine failures, break failures etc. 

finally getting caught in the sand traps. Make it more realistic that if you come off the track and run off into the sand, run the risk of getting stuck. 

Since we learned in 2018 that there can be some type of adjustment of certain functions of the game such as turning on or off interview timer. I suggest the following adjusters for career mode.
Weather to be adjusted for career. Not on a per race basis but for start of season, More, Dynamic or Less Weather effect for the season. Also Randomize finish order adjuster. More Random events, Normal amount of Random events, Less Random number of events. This way mixup the finish every race. Same teams would  not  be so dominant for the race.Again make this a pre-season adjustment that if you decide to randomize finish then you have to put up with it all season. Also for Safety car instead of on or off a more or less adjuster. Again these suggestions are for season. Once you decide in start of season these changes can only be made at beginning of season or at start of career. As much as these adjustments could be made before each race then someone who is strong at 1 track could adjust for a wet race with more random events/finish and affect the outcome per race whereas making these adjustments prior to season start makes you put up with the decision for all season.

• I'll like an improvement of the damages, in particular on the rear wing and even more.
  • An improvement of the helmets designs HD.
  • This year i wish Codemasters worked more on modern F1.
  • Improve communication with the pilot and the engineer.
  • The possibility of entering the pits without assists (i mean, we even)

1 hour ago, Kampie11 said:

Historical circuits like old Hockenheim, Imola, magny cours

Great idea!

alfa2020.png

A bit of a long list if I'm honest, and some things will be much easier to implement than others (I don't see old tracks/cars making a return at the scale I would want them for example), but here we go:

Stylistic/Content improvements:

• Livery, race suit (at least name and number on the overalls please!) and helmet customization (Bonus: Steam workshop-sharable on PC)
  • Reserve, F2 and 'on break' drivers (like Alonso in 2019) to enter some cars from 2nd season on with oldest/worst drivers getting kicked out
  • Since this is the 10th year Codemasters had the license for F1 I would love to see them bring back cars from the past decade back into the game, all teams/cars ideally. (Bonus: a career mode where you progress through the years with each season)
  • Historic and alternative track layouts (okay this is a big ask I know, but since there are no new tracks in the 2019 season it would be nice to use track development time on some older tracks or layouts)

Racing:

• Bodywork (rear wing, sides etc) damage that affects performance and is left on track as debris (Bonus: settings for off/cosmetic/low effect/high effect)
  • Yellow Flag/VSC/SC/Red flag for debris and car recovery/clean-up/track repair
  • Team orders: "keep x seconds ahead of teammate or they get pit priority", "3 laps to overtake car ahead or switch" etc... could be good for contract negotiation for 1st/2nd driver and reputation as well (2nd drivers get moved out the way much more often/have tighter limits until they are asked to move etc).
  • Better penalty detection/punishment, especially online (there is nothing like getting randomly hit by someone and then having a penalty, or going off track to avoid a spun out car only to be told that's an illegal overtake and now I need to wait for someone to catch up)
  • Pitstop strategy: let me choose between a risky pitstop (2.0-2.2 sec, high chance of mistake) normal (2.3-2.5 sec, normal chance) and a safe one (2.6-2.9 sec, low chance) maybe even more gradual but that would be a good start

Career:

• More diverse FP programs, I run at 50% with 3 sessions and if the sessions are all dry I easily get all point in less than 2 sessions, and there is little incentive to keep going. Maybe make it so that there are 1 or 2 required programs for each session and then free running that gives more than just a few points (Bonus: Stop the engineer remaining me about Quali practice EVERY FP1 session! He has so little lines you get bored of it after 3 or 4 race weekends.)
  • A few times the season we should have to option to let a practice driver do FP1 for us, they wouldn’t give us R&D points but could do something else for example, reduce development time of one of the parts by a week
  • More engine modes, sure keep the ‘easy’ 3+Quali modes but perhaps add a setting for ‘medium’ 5+ modes and ‘hard/realistic’ 10+
  • If we crash out in FP1 or FP3 there should be a chance of it affecting our ability to take part in FP2 and Quali respectively
  • Mid-season contract changes to give the option to start only from the next season (disabling the option to renegotiate the current contract but giving some benefit to the next season’s start e.g. choose 1 winter upgrade for each category)

Functional:

• Xbox/PS controller button combinations (it’s frustrating that to use the MFD I need to let go of the steering, I know it’s a fault of the limited buttons and layout in general but I would like the ability to set it so when I’m holding LB or RB the XYAB buttons take on different functions so I can steer and use the menu at the same time).
  • I own the 2018 game on both PC and Xbox, I wish there was a way I can export the career profile or sync it to a Codemasters account or something.
  • Let me adjust stint length from the MFD, the default of pitting on the 1st lap of the window sometimes isn’t ideal
  • Show delta time to best FP lap during the first flying lap of Q1, best of Q1 in Q2 and so on
  • A new HUD window ‘On track gap’ which shows live delta to 2 or 3 cars ahead and behind (including lapped/lapping cars)
Edited by NonbinaryGamer
Bullet point formatting was off
11 hours ago, Kampie11 said:

You forgot to mention the GP Indianapolis.

• Add the numbers of the car with the appearance of the blue flag.
  • Improve driving with the use of gamepad. I noticed with the F1 2018 driving was more difficult than the F1 2017. I don't know if you're of the same opinion as me?
1 hour ago, NonbinaryGamer said:

A bit of a long list if I'm honest, and some things will be much easier to implement than others (I don't see old tracks/cars making a return at the scale I would want them for example), but here we go:

Stylistic/Content improvements:

• Livery, race suit (at least name and number on the overalls please!) and helmet customization (Bonus: Steam workshop-sharable on PC)
  • Reserve, F2 and 'on break' drivers (like Alonso in 2019) to enter some cars from 2nd season on with oldest/worst drivers getting kicked out
  • Since this is the 10th year Codemasters had the license for F1 I would love to see them bring back cars from the past decade back into the game, all teams/cars ideally. (Bonus: a career mode where you progress through the years with each season)
  • Historic and alternative track layouts (okay this is a big ask I know, but since there are no new tracks in the 2019 season it would be nice to use track development time on some older tracks or layouts)

Racing:

• Bodywork (rear wing, sides etc) damage that affects performance and is left on track as debris (Bonus: settings for off/cosmetic/low effect/high effect)
  • Yellow Flag/VSC/SC/Red flag for debris and car recovery/clean-up/track repair
  • Team orders: "keep x seconds ahead of teammate or they get pit priority", "3 laps to overtake car ahead or switch" etc... could be good for contract negotiation for 1st/2nd driver and reputation as well (2nd drivers get moved out the way much more often/have tighter limits until they are asked to move etc).
  • Better penalty detection/punishment, especially online (there is nothing like getting randomly hit by someone and then having a penalty, or going off track to avoid a spun out car only to be told that's an illegal overtake and now I need to wait for someone to catch up)
  • Pitstop strategy: let me choose between a risky pitstop (2.0-2.2 sec, high chance of mistake) normal (2.3-2.5 sec, normal chance) and a safe one (2.6-2.9 sec, low chance) maybe even more gradual but that would be a good start

Career:

• More diverse FP programs, I run at 50% with 3 sessions and if the sessions are all dry I easily get all point in less than 2 sessions, and there is little incentive to keep going. Maybe make it so that there are 1 or 2 required programs for each session and then free running that gives more than just a few points (Bonus: Stop the engineer remaining me about Quali practice EVERY FP1 session! He has so little lines you get bored of it after 3 or 4 race weekends.)
  • A few times the season we should have to option to let a practice driver do FP1 for us, they wouldn’t give us R&D points but could do something else for example, reduce development time of one of the parts by a week
  • More engine modes, sure keep the ‘easy’ 3+Quali modes but perhaps add a setting for ‘medium’ 5+ modes and ‘hard/realistic’ 10+
  • If we crash out in FP1 or FP3 there should be a chance of it affecting our ability to take part in FP2 and Quali respectively
  • Mid-season contract changes to give the option to start only from the next season (disabling the option to renegotiate the current contract but giving some benefit to the next season’s start e.g. choose 1 winter upgrade for each category)

Functional:

• Xbox/PS controller button combinations (it’s frustrating that to use the MFD I need to let go of the steering, I know it’s a fault of the limited buttons and layout in general but I would like the ability to set it so when I’m holding LB or RB the XYAB buttons take on different functions so I can steer and use the menu at the same time).
  • I own the 2018 game on both PC and Xbox, I wish there was a way I can export the career profile or sync it to a Codemasters account or something.
  • Let me adjust stint length from the MFD, the default of pitting on the 1st lap of the window sometimes isn’t ideal
  • Show delta time to best FP lap during the first flying lap of Q1, best of Q1 in Q2 and so on
  • A new HUD window ‘On track gap’ which shows live delta to 2 or 3 cars ahead and behind (including lapped/lapping cars)

Wow, the list is long.

alfa2020.png

1) more practice programs such as practicing the start (with or without traction control assistance), driving up the perfect curve (more feedback)

2) in cockpit view showing also suggested gear.

3) Otften I use setups of others from the timetrail mode. Searching for a setup of Ferrari or Mercedes is easy because it is high in the ranking. but searching for a good Williams setup is difficult because you have to scroll through the entire list. Searching through a filter function on all items (team, custom setup yes / no, assist) could facilitate this.

4) Dutch language

On 1/1/2019 at 1:56 PM, Kampie11 said:

Used to love Hockenheim on Grand Prix 4

On 1/1/2019 at 2:56 PM, Wilhelm said:
  • I'll like an improvement of the damages, in particular on the rear wing and even more.

Unfortunately their not allowed to increase the damage model as the teams will not allow it :(

• James featured and pinned this topic

I play career mode mostly, so my suggestions are:

1. All drivers including AI have contact negotiations, and can switch teams or negotiate with different teams at seasons end(or make this an option to turn on or off).

2. Contracts signed with a new team does not take effect until the following season(or make this an option to turn on or off)

r2FsWlW.jpg

WEATHER: as the real F1 season progresses I think it would be cool if you could have the choice to race with the same weather they had in real life. Like the rain at Hockenheim - would it feel wet enough to put on full wets like some teams did?

TRACKS: We've got the classic cars, now we should have some classic tracks to go with them. But it should be the original layout, like Imola or Mexico, so that we can race around those famous corners now lost to modern F1.  Long versions of Hockenheim or the original Austria track. Older tracks not used anymore like Adelaide, Korea, India, Turkey or the old Silverstone layout for instance. And who could forget the old banked track at Monza. There's so much history that is the circuits the champions of old raced on. They too should be preserved, not just the cars.

EDIT 1: Two things I'd like changed are:

UNITS: I've chosen km (metric) as the speedometer reading so I'd like to see that choice extended into the commentary so that Crofty only gives me stats in metric (track length, average speed, etc).

FLASHBACK: I don't know about you but every time I need to use the flashback I have to look away because something about that flying or zooming F1 logo does me in every time. I just find it incredibly annoying/distracting.

On 1/17/2019 at 12:32 AM, Wilhelm said:

It would be nice to have the hymns of each winner on the podium.

On 1/14/2019 at 3:20 PM, Wilhelm said:

To have the opportunity to interview the 3 winners before getting on the podium.

5 hours ago, Kampie11 said:

That's what he said...you have one winner, not three😉

😉

21 hours ago, James said:

They don't do it for all three on the podium in real life just the winner and constructors.

5 hours ago, Kampie11 said:

That's what he said...you have one winner, not three😉

Exactly, only 1 winner. James sorry if you have misunderstood. ;)

alfa2020.png

• 5 weeks later...

Some great suggestions I see here.

I would like to see them remove the R&D points system or incorporate them with sponsoring / team money.  Bigger teams have bigger budgets and performing better lead to improved sponsors. Doing your best to gather R&D will help improve succes rate of new parts and if these parts are really any good.

I would also love to see that they take the other driver into that system. It is a team sport after all

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/14/2019 at 6:14 PM, Kampie11 said:

At the end of the race a race highlight in tv mode. Like a television summary...

this could be actioned from the "Race Director/Incidents" menu.  I would like the opportunity to review an incident...

Because I am such an enthusiast, I am in career mode at 100% everything.  As this clearly takes time, I have not even finished Season 1.  I would like the ability to continue my 10 year career with the new game.  At this stage, the only incentive to buy the new game is that it is new...

more control over the driving would be good too.  lining up on the grid, pit lane, driving out of the garage.

On 1/5/2019 at 4:26 PM, Wilhelm said:

The teams from Codemasters or F1

It's a shame, it will add even more realism in the game. They're strict.

Stop AI DRIVERS RAMMING YOU OFF TRACK SS THEY WANT DRIVING LINE.. Also drivers moving to other teams as well and not just you,, also give us pre season testing and have 3or 4 options which way you want to go with car one could be the right way to go and the others could take longer to get car up to speed???  

• James unfeatured and unpinned this topic