Question about 2019 setups

I’ve found it better to start from scratch but still very much experimenting with setting at the moment.

It feels to me like Codemasters have made some subtle changes when it comes to adjusting the various components of the set up menu.

Brake pressure and balance are really noticeable, I’m running much lower brake pressure and adjusting balance just 1 or 2 points is noticeable.

well as Wilhelm said u can use the 2018 Setups but they dont really work that well.

For me it is better to use James Setup and play with the Front and Rear Wing till i like it

Same goes for the Brakes and i have the feeling that the Tyre Wear is mutch less then in 2018

After playing over the weekend I agree, 2018 set-ups not so great here.  Not having to adjust the ballast is a game changer and has made my 2018 set-ups irrelevant.  The downforce in this game is a lot different as stated above.    The other thing I am noticing is the set-ups I work out in Time Trials seem to transfer to career mode with very few adjustments.  On 2018, I found set-ups from my Time Trials never worked very well if I tried to use them in career mode, but now I am able to work them out in Time Trial and then make very minor adjustments for career.  

r2FsWlW.jpg

4 hours ago, OniGaming said:

well as Wilhelm said u can use the 2018 Setups but they dont really work that well.

For me it is better to use James Setup and play with the Front and Rear Wing till i like it

Same goes for the Brakes and i have the feeling that the Tyre Wear is mutch less then in 2018

I agree, I use my time trail setups in career mode and just adjust the wings as Haas has a speedy Ferrari engine.

Agreed... The new front wing rendered 2018 set ups useless. This year the cars seem to all suffer from understeer. Everyone has a different style driving style. My advice is play with the set up until you’re setting purple sectors. Start with your Race set up and then qualy set up. Every circuit offers different challenges. Setting up the car properly for each circuit is as much fun as the race!