Race starts

Question

5 answers to this question

On 9/20/2019 at 8:24 PM, Wurz said:

Formation lap can make a difference on race starts. Try to heat rear tires up to 88-90°C more or less and if you're on pole delay as much as you can the return to your starting position so your tires will retain most of the temperature before the start.

Cheers, I'll give it a go

It's probably the easiest  to gain position.Hold the clutch at the 3rd red light at  half throttle.Closer.to.the.start get to 90 % depending on shell.spin then full.throttle .  Get to either inside depending on corner and don't.brake when they all do you will pass5+ depending on start position. Sometimes.you cut the corner.to much or illegal pass and Get a penalty either 3 seconds or.give positionback. Usually giving back position for.me.results in 2 cars going past. I'm new using Xbox.controller and tons of.tips on here to make.the game.so much more enjoyable. Many players have excellent setups for each track. Experiment and.remember.the car your in is   a factor  . From the engine to chassis they all have quirks. Pick a setup for what your driving including if.wheel or controller. People on here are great very helpful. In one of the setups throw  this question in there your more   liable to receive an answer.its where.i found the starting tip regarding wheel spin etc. I played around with it to find.wht works for.me .The 3rd red etc is all my little things to help me. You will.find yours. But throttle to the 1st corner and you Wil pass as they brake cause of the jam. Stay tight to the inside of whatever corner R or L and you will see exactly what happens. If you qualify say 10th and follow the rest you will stay there perhaps be passed, if you use the get to the inside you should end up around 5th. Also depending on car if you know they have deficiencies so find out  what's absolutely necessary to upgrade 1st  to be competitive (their.is usually 2 absolutely necessary to.do.first . I'm talking Career as that's what I play and find it more enjoyable..You can set the setting so low you will win every race easily get some quick points to upgrade then around the 4th race go to your level.in career and.any race unless you have a superb memory the practice is so needed.  You learn the track it's a must as each corner coming it's nice to know. .again so many tips for car set ups for controller wheel and car , track truly helpful. No trash talking ignorance etc. Just nice people.wiling to.share to help your enjoyment better. Good luck and practice a half dozen times on starts and you Wil see.what I mean. Just be careful as going in deep many times wing damage it's a fine line then again the whole race is living on that edge . Good.luck hope it helped some .

Formation lap can make a difference on race starts. Try to heat rear tires up to 88-90°C more or less and if you're on pole delay as much as you can the return to your starting position so your tires will retain most of the temperature before the start.

at the beginning i also had problems with it. now it's not that bad anymore. occasionally i even have starts where i don't lose a place. keep the accelerator at about 20%. the gas indicator in the MFA at the top left of N stands for neutral. as soon as the lights go out, depending on the route and weather, accelerate. I'm usually around 75% and I'm slowly accelerating. this is a question of practice. translated by Google.