Setup advice - losing the car in high speed corners

coxy

I keep losing the rear end horrendously in Bahrain T12 and Abu Dhabi T3 (prolonged high speed corners). My approx setup for both of these tracks looks something like this:

Aero: 3/6

Differential: 50/60

Camber/toe: -2.80, -1.30, 0.08, 0.29

Suspension: 1/4, 6/8, 1/4

Brakes: 100/50

Tyre pressure: All minimum

Through these corners it is very unpredictable and hard to control, even easing off the throttle. My question is, what would be the first things you would look at changing? Adding rear downforce? Increasing ride height? Rear toe? Increasing suspension stiffness? I have played around with different things but have never kind of got the balance right, especially on these tracks.

Any help would be much appreciated.

• 7 months later...
On 8/24/2020 at 3:02 PM, coxy said:

I keep losing the rear end horrendously in Bahrain T12 and Abu Dhabi T3 (prolonged high speed corners). My approx setup for both of these tracks looks something like this:

Aero: 3/6

Differential: 50/60

Camber/toe: -2.80, -1.30, 0.08, 0.29

Suspension: 1/4, 6/8, 1/4

Brakes: 100/50

Tyre pressure: All minimum

Through these corners it is very unpredictable and hard to control, even easing off the throttle. My question is, what would be the first things you would look at changing? Adding rear downforce? Increasing ride height? Rear toe? Increasing suspension stiffness? I have played around with different things but have never kind of got the balance right, especially on these tracks.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Even similar with me, any way out yet you got with this?

Regards,

Diana G Brown

• 1 month later...
On 3/30/2021 at 1:41 PM, lametmp said:

Even similar with me, any way out yet you got with this?

Regards,

Diana G Brown

Yes, worked it out in the end. It happens when the car bottoms out at high speed. These corners put a lot of forces through the car and the track is not flat. The thing to do is to increase the ride height until you can get through the problem corners without issue. So for example, I just ran a ride height of 3-6 at Bahrain to deal with this issue, whereas I run 2-4 or 2-5 at Vietnam. I also like to increase the suspension stiffness slightly.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/13/2021 at 1:48 PM, coxy said:

Yes, worked it out in the end. It happens when the car bottoms out at high speed. These corners put a lot of forces through the car and the track is not flat. The thing to do is to increase the ride height mythdhr  until you can get through the mycoles problem corners without issue. So for example, I just ran a ride height of 3-6 at Bahrain to deal with this issue, whereas I run 2-4 or 2-5 at Vietnam. I also like to increase the suspension stiffness slightly.

Ah okay, my brother got the similar model (second hand) thou.

Regards,

Diana G Brown