Engine:
Fuel Map: Standard
Fuel: 5 Laps

Alignment:
Camber Front: -3.50
Camber Rear: -1.50
Toe Front: 0.15
Toe Rear: 0.50

Managed a 1:28.541 in quali on hard, which was surprisingly (to me) more than enough to get pole on professional (2nd was Button who put in a 1:30.1xx). Still getting used to the new feel of the game so I know that I could do much much better. At least it's a start.

Setup
Difficulty: Hard
Car: Williams

Aerodynamics:
Front Wing Angle: 11
Rear Wing Angle: 5

Braking:
Balance: F: 52% - R: 48%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Standard

Balance:
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 10
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 10

Suspension:
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 10
Front Spring Stiffness: 2
Read Spring Stiffness: 10

Gearbox:
Gear 1: 125 kph
Gear 2: 152 kph
Gear 3: 180 kph
Gear 4: 208 kph
Gear 5: 238 kph
Gear 6: 273 kph
Gear 7: 322 kph

Engine:

Alignment:

Managed a 1:28.541 in quali on hard, which was surprisingly (to me) more than enough to get pole on professional (2nd was Button who put in a 1:30.1xx). Still getting used to the new feel of the game so I know that I could do much much better. At least it's a start.
well i've got it on hard with AI pro and button got a 1.28.366 and he was 3rd all i could get was a 1.31.xxx which was good enough for 18th

Setup
Car: Force India

Aerodynamics:
Front Wing Angle: 3
Rear Wing Angle: 4

Braking:
Balance: F: 52% - R: 48%

Balance:
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 3
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 2

Suspension:
Front Ride Height: 7
Rear Ride Height: 7
Read Spring Stiffness: 2

Gearbox:
Gear 1: 124 kph
Gear 6: 274 kph
Gear 7: 320 kph

Engine:
Fuel Map: Rich

Alignment:

Managed a 1:28.109 in qualifying!

Before The race change the front wing angle to 4 otherwise the ca just keeps spinning!

Setup
Car: RedBull

Aerodynamics:
Rear Wing Angle: 7

Braking:
Balance: F: 48% - R: 52%

Balance:
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 5

Suspension:
Rear Ride Height: 2
Read Spring Stiffness: 8

Gearbox:
Gear 2: 155 kph
Gear 3: 183 kph
Gear 4: 211 kph
Gear 5: 243 kph
Gear 6: 281 kph
Gear 7: 313 kph

Engine:

Alignment:

Made this one in time trial and managed a 1:24.258

This is a very aggressive qualifying setup so during the race turn each gear down a few and maybe adjust rear camber depending on race distance to save the tyres

As soon as u leave the pits in qualy u go into parc ferme so u can only adjust your front wing so if your setup chris g is only any gd over a flying lap its a pointless setup no offence, and wots wiv all the 7 7 ride heights in some of the setups that defo not good for handling because u thn get less downforce

Good point bub666, but it is a very aggressive setup for flying laps not so much races that's all that I was saying :)

Car
Force India

Race Type
Career Practice/Qualifying

Weather
Dry/Sunny (28 Degrees Celsius)

Time
I managed a 1:29.485

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 5

Braking
Balance: F: 51% - R: 49%
Pressure: Medium

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 9
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 9

Suspension
Rear Ride Height: 3
Front Spring Stiffness: 5
Read Spring Stiffness: 6

Gearbox
Gear 1: 123 kph
Gear 2: 151 kph
Gear 7: 325 kph

Engine
Fuel: 14 Laps

Alignment

Tyres
Option/Soft

Note:
This set up can be wear the Tyres fast if you drive aggressively and keep on Skidding. If you're a cautious Driver, You can make the Option Tyres last about 16 Laps and the Prime Tyres for 22 Laps. Very Quick and Smooth through the Corners. If it Grippy reduce rear wing by 2 units and Front Wing by 1 unit.

Setup
A.I Difficulty: legend

Aerodynamics:

Braking:
Balance: F: 50% - R: 50%

Balance:
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 2
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 8

Suspension:
Front Spring Stiffness: 3
Read Spring Stiffness: 7

Gearbox:
Gear 1: 76 mph
Gear 2: 94 mph
Gear 3: 111 mph
Gear 4: 129 mph
Gear 5: 149 mph
Gear 6: 171 mph
Gear 7: 195 mph

Engine:

Alignment:
Camber Front: -3.40
Camber Rear: -1.20
Toe Front: 0.14
Toe Rear: 0.38

Managed a 1.27.514 in practice not sure wot its like in race n qualy will update times when ive done. Doesn't feel a bad setup tho.
Let me know your thoughts

Edit: Got a 1.26.6 in Q1 thn blew my engine in Q2 haha.
In the race i managed a 1.28.9. I started 16th and finished 5th

For qualy and the race i moved the front wing up one to 6

Hello, anyone has a setup for HRT(Career mode)? I'm new to this game and I don't really know how to make them.

I tried 2 setups from this forum, for my Caterham. The best so far, seems the one from Racer17. But I was quicker on the prime, then the option. Went back to the Dry setup from my Engineer and managed to do a much quicker lap. Sorry have no times. All I can tell, I ended up in Q3. Didn't set a time to save tires. And I am driving on easy.

Car
Williams

Race Type
Career Practice

Weather
Dry/Sunny

Time
1:26.734

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 4

Braking

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 7

Suspension
Front Spring Stiffness: 4
Read Spring Stiffness: 4

Gearbox

Engine
Fuel: 6 Laps

Alignment
Toe Front: 0.12

Tyres
Option/Soft

Note:
Very Fast Set up, not good at lasting tyres, I only lasted 9 Laps with Option Compared to I lasted 14 Laps on other people's set up. May lock up in the first and final sector ifyou take corners quickly and smoothly. Very low on Down Force but that improves the lap time by 3 seconds.

I tried 2 setups from this forum, for my Caterham. The best so far, seems the one from Racer17. But I was quicker on the prime, then the option. Went back to the Dry setup from my Engineer and managed to do a much quicker lap. Sorry have no times. All I can tell, I ended up in Q3. Didn't set a time to save tires. And I am driving on easy.

m8 if u dont say ur difficulty it doesnt matter if u reach q3, cause if its not on legends and u have lots of aids like tc, ofc u will reach Q3

Car
Force India

Race Type - Track
Career Qualyfing / Proving Grounds -- Melbourne QUANTAS Australian Grand Prix

Weather
Dry

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 7

Braking

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 6
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 6

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 5
Rear Ride Height: 6
Read Spring Stiffness: 6

Gearbox
Gear 1: def kph
Gear 2: def kph
Gear 3: def kph
Gear 4: def kph
Gear 5: def kph
Gear 6: def kph
Gear 7: 320 kph

Alignment
Camber Front: -3.00
Camber Rear: -0.90
Toe Front: 0.13
Toe Rear: 0.44

Tyres - Time
Option - 1:26.382 (Proving Grounds)

Can any of you post your sector times?
I just want to know if I'm the only one who sucks in third sector... No matter what setup I use, so I'm afraid it's my (lack of) skills.

I'm with Force India, in Career mode, PC version of the game, legend AI, manual gears, no aids, playing with Logitech G25 and I do pretty well first and second sectors (about 29:300 and 23:900 respectively) but I can't manage to be below 35:400 in third one, ruining the whole lap time. Compared to my direct rivals (24:700 or so), my third sector is a joke.

I even tried with racing line enabled to see if I'm braking too early or something but can't find where I lose such a huge amount of time.
With Force India, I've never achieved anything below 1:28. With a decent third sector (with decent I mean a time comparable with my rivals' times), I'd be able to reach P12 (the position that my team demands me in the starting grid).

Maybe I'll try tomorrow with Williams to see if it changes anything but I doubt it.

Any clue?

Can any of you post your sector times?
I just want to know if I'm the only one who sucks in third sector... No matter what setup I use, so I'm afraid it's my (lack of) skills.

I'm with Force India, in Career mode, PC version of the game, legend AI, manual gears, no aids, playing with Logitech G25 and I do pretty well first and second sectors (about 29:300 and 23:900 respectively) but I can't manage to be below 35:400 in third one, ruining the whole lap time. Compared to my direct rivals (24:700 or so), my third sector is a joke.

I even tried with racing line enabled to see if I'm braking too early or something but can't find where I lose such a huge amount of time.
With Force India, I've never achieved anything below 1:28. With a decent third sector (with decent I mean a time comparable with my rivals' times), I'd be able to reach P12 (the position that my team demands me in the starting grid).

Maybe I'll try tomorrow with Williams to see if it changes anything but I doubt it.

Any clue?
No I suck so much in the third sector as well, you could try lower brake pressure, I help me as i didn't lock the back end up as much.... I was in an HRT tho :L

Setup
A.I Difficulty: legend

Aerodynamics:

Braking:

Balance:
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 2

Suspension:
Read Spring Stiffness: 7

Gearbox:
Gear 1: 76 mph
Gear 2: 94 mph
Gear 3: 111 mph
Gear 4: 129 mph
Gear 5: 149 mph
Gear 6: 171 mph
Gear 7: 195 mph

Engine:

Alignment:
Camber Rear: -1.20
Toe Front: 0.14

Managed a 1.27.514 in practice not sure wot its like in race n qualy will update times when ive done. Doesn't feel a bad setup tho.
Let me know your thoughts

Edit: Got a 1.26.6 in Q1 thn blew my engine in Q2 haha.
In the race i managed a 1.28.9. I started 16th and finished 5th

For qualy and the race i moved the front wing up one to 6

Bub666,

I'm assuming these times are on Option tyres? Also is this in career mode?

I've been finding the car setup far more challenging in "F1 2012", it really is a refined system. I've tried some of the suggested lot on here, but none have worked with my driving style; I can get the times (roughly), but the car doesn't feel comfortable. However, after some trial and error, I've found one that appears to be working for me.

Aerodynamics

Front Wing: 11
Rear Wing: 9

Braking

Balance: 50% F & R

Balance

Front Anti-Roll Bar: 8

Suspension

Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Rear Spring Stiffness: 7

In particular, I've struggled with copious amounts of understeer. It's taken alot to get shot of, but this setup does just that, without introducing too much oversteer at the same time.

I have the A.I on Legend difficulty, and all driver aids, except automatic gearbox, off. I also use a pad, something that seems more difficult with this game than the last couple. On my first run in Q1 (Melbourne), I did a 1:27.931 in the Williams. This was with the engine turned down to standard. So, I think, with the engine maxed out, I could easily hit a high 1:27, and maybe a low 1:26, if I'm lucky.

While I'm here, has anyone noticed strange times being achieved by the A.I? On the first day I had the game, Pastor Maldanado, my team mate, posted a 1:26.200 in Q2 - a time I still cannot touch. He keeps doing it, and it gets him in the mix with the guys at the front.

UPDATE: I've just done a 1:27.056 in Q2. Engine was on full. It felt a tad scruffy, so a 1:26.8 should be easy done.

Car
Force India

Race Type - Track
Career Q1, Melbourne

Weather
Dry

Aerodynamics

Braking
Balance: F: 47% - R: 53%

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 3

Suspension
Read Spring Stiffness: 11

Gearbox
Gear 2: 156 kph
Gear 3: 185 kph
Gear 4: 216 kph
Gear 5: 247 kph
Gear 6: 285 kph

Engine
Fuel Map: Rich Mix 3

Alignment
Camber Front: -3.00
Camber Rear: -1.40
Toe Rear: 0.35

Tyres - Time
Option - 1:28.470

No assists, AI - legend. Using Madcatz Xbox360 Force feedback wheel. Don't think there is much more time to be gained here on this setup, enough to get 5th in Q1, could only manage 11th in Q2, lost nearly half a second, but I guess that's a realistic result for FI.

I based it on this guys setup: http://doc2602.blogspot.com/. Gear adjustments needed, plus some other minor adjustments in a hopeful attempt to reduce tyre wear, but in the race tyre deg wasn't too bad anyway, finished 13th.

hey am new to this game and am having trouble with it, I started career mode and I never have good times on the laps, I've been on the Australian GP practice for 2 days and I can't lower my times, my best lap was 1.42...am using HRT on easy mode, what are some good car setups that I can use to be faster?

I used force india without good laps, so I work a lot TO get Williams. you néed 2 gold medal but you are sure TO ha ve best las by Williams.... better if you use Manual brake

Setup
Car: Caterham
Career Practice

Aerodynamics:
Front Wing Angle: 4

Braking:

Balance:
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 7

Suspension:
Front Spring Stiffness: 4
Read Spring Stiffness: 4

Gearbox:

Engine:
Fuel: 6 Laps

Alignment:

1:29.407 - Best time

S1: 29.640
S2: 24.231
S3: 35.536

Generally deployed KERS in low gears immediately after turn 6, through turn 10 and through turn 16.

Sector 3 generally seems to be off the pace. I reckon turning up the fuel mix to rich and saving KERS for the third sector might bring the overall lap down to high 1:28s, but doing this consistently would be difficult.

The Caterham is generally good through corners but compared with the midfield cars like the Williams, it struggles to get raw pace through 4th and 5th gears.

I've been finding the car setup far more challenging in "F1 2012", it really is a refined system. I've tried some of the suggested lot on here, but none have worked with my driving style; I can get the times (roughly), but the car doesn't feel comfortable. However, after some trial and error, I've found one that appears to be working for me.

Aerodynamics

Front Wing: 11
Rear Wing: 9

Braking

Balance: 50% F & R

Balance

Front Anti-Roll Bar: 8

Suspension

Rear Spring Stiffness: 7

In particular, I've struggled with copious amounts of understeer. It's taken alot to get shot of, but this setup does just that, without introducing too much oversteer at the same time.

I have the A.I on Legend difficulty, and all driver aids, except automatic gearbox, off. I also use a pad, something that seems more difficult with this game than the last couple. On my first run in Q1 (Melbourne), I did a 1:27.931 in the Williams. This was with the engine turned down to standard. So, I think, with the engine maxed out, I could easily hit a high 1:27, and maybe a low 1:26, if I'm lucky.

While I'm here, has anyone noticed strange times being achieved by the A.I? On the first day I had the game, Pastor Maldanado, my team mate, posted a 1:26.200 in Q2 - a time I still cannot touch. He keeps doing it, and it gets him in the mix with the guys at the front.

UPDATE: I've just done a 1:27.056 in Q2. Engine was on full. It felt a tad scruffy, so a 1:26.8 should be easy done.

FYI, Maldonado getting that time in Q2 is just about spot on, I don't see it as weird at all. At the actual Australian GP this year, he achieved a 1:26.206 in Q2 and in Q3 clocked a 1:25.908 and started 8th on the grid.

I think the AI this year is actually a lot more realistic in terms of the times they achieve compared with real world times!