What team to start career

JayRoxU

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 5:41 PM, MADDOG said:

Has to a British team for me... 

So williams it is, although I'm finding it difficult !! 

Had to restart my career twice so far, I'm struggling with the setups & handling, 

is it best to run with the pre-setups to start ? 

I find default setting pretty good, then just adjust rear wing according to track, im still learning set ups on this one too atm driving with force india just because I have never driven it lol

22 hours ago, lubomirvaic said:

Well, being in North America, I had to go with Haas.  Such a huge difference from 2015 so far.  Much more challenging this year.

I was also thinking on Haas but they were among the middle-teams and I was determined to start from the lowly teams... I'm still shocked that the Haas has better performance than the Force India, given that Perez and Hulkenberg have consistently been better than every other team but the big 4.

On 24/8/2016 at 9:11 AM, lubomirvaic said:

Then you should probably play on Easy mode!! ?

Easy it's only for those who think NFS:Rivals was a realist game. I'm currently on Expert and I've learned that it mostly reduces to how nimble you are during the start and the corners. With the Renault I've managed three top-10 finishes and one podium (thanks to the rain), but it isn't particularly impossible. With the Merc I should be able to keep it together in Legend.

22 hours ago, jb_burgess said:

Playing on expert level, 6 races in currently 15th with 6pts, first season ha!

I think the lowly teams need to be nerfed. I'm only in Monaco and my upgrades for the Renault had propped me above the Toro Rosso, Haas and Force India (The Force India is severely nerfed in comparison to it's real counterpart). And I haven't used the career booster. Optimistically I hope to take the championship in Year 3, but with luck I may even manage it on year 2, which is well, unrealistic.

On ‎2016‎-‎08‎-‎25 at 9:52 PM, Merengues said:

Easy it's only for those who think NFS:Rivals was a realist game. I'm currently on Expert and I've learned that it mostly reduces to how nimble you are during the start and the corners. With the Renault I've managed three top-10 finishes and one podium (thanks to the rain), but it isn't particularly impossible. With the Merc I should be able to keep it together in Legend.

I think the lowly teams need to be nerfed. I'm only in Monaco and my upgrades for the Renault had propped me above the Toro Rosso, Haas and Force India (The Force India is severely nerfed in comparison to it's real counterpart). And I haven't used the career booster. Optimistically I hope to take the championship in Year 3, but with luck I may even manage it on year 2, which is well, unrealistic.

I should have started with Sauber as I'm Swedish and that's the only driver who is Swedish which would mean two Swe drivers for Sauber. But I started Renault so it's still Scandinavian (and if you ask me Scandinavia, the East Reich [Finland] and Danmark, perhaps Island too. Should belong to a coalition under one Monarch Then it would not be so easy for the EU to fck with us). Or Nordic depends on definition of Scandinavia. What do you mean by career boost? Haven't noticed that one. Well doesn't every team do R&D? I also have gone above the teams you mentioned, well, not STR but I'm equal and I will go beyond them after Monaco.

1 hour ago, saturn said:

What do you mean by career boost? Haven't noticed that one. Well doesn't every team do R&D? I also have gone above the teams you mentioned, well, not STR but I'm equal and I will go beyond them after Monaco.

If you preordered you receive a code to get extra helmets and a bonus to R&D points. I don't know how much but sounds like a rather unfair advantage. I think the parts are way too cheap which allows you to quickly gain ground. I've seen Ferrari and Force India make significant improvements but overall the other teams are slow in their development while you can have the best of the worst by the time Baku comes to a close. I haven't won a single race and my Renault is already over the McLaren. I estimate I may be able to catch Williams before Italy.

On ‎2016‎-‎08‎-‎27 at 6:54 PM, Merengues said:

If you preordered you receive a code to get extra helmets and a bonus to R&D points. I don't know how much but sounds like a rather unfair advantage. I think the parts are way too cheap which allows you to quickly gain ground. I've seen Ferrari and Force India make significant improvements but overall the other teams are slow in their development while you can have the best of the worst by the time Baku comes to a close. I haven't won a single race and my Renault is already over the McLaren. I estimate I may be able to catch Williams before Italy.

I didn't preorder but I bought it by third party so I still got the helmets. It's just 400 points it's not really much more than one part extra. At least for the lowest tier teams. I don't know but I read that if you choose the highest tier their costs are much higher, and it should probably be like that, so they can't just jump head as fast as the low teams can. The reason the low tier teams are really fun this year is because of being able to boost them to be better and play catch up. It's really fun.