Changing from controller to wheel

4eyedCoupe

Question

I'm on PS4 and have been playing with a controller.  I just found the Logitech G29 wheel for half price on Amazon and picked it up.  I tried a few laps at Spa and enjoyed it, but it was difficult.   Any tips for making the switch from controller to wheel?  What about the settings?  I have no clue what any of it means.  Thanks in advance  

r2FsWlW.jpg

2 answers to this question

Depends on a lot of factors. What assists were you using before and what are you using now. I just went from Xbox controller to Wheel (TX458) and find it so much easier in cornering and accelerating. Now granted I use a bunch of assists, some traction control and ABS but I the past week with practice I have progressed to switching of the line guides and using a manual gearbox. Just stay with it and don’t push too hard. 

What issues are you facing?

Thanks for replying.  I use ABS ,Traction control on the lowest setting, corner braking lines, and auto transmission.  I'm hoping to switch to manual once I get used to the wheel, but honestly I haven't played much lately and have only done a few practice laps with the wheel at Spa(mostly not succesful lol) I need to get a proper seat/wheel stand, because as you can see I'm using an old table and a desk chair at the moment that sit way too high...And those couple of beers didn't help much either ;) 

20181120_193036.jpg

r2FsWlW.jpg