Help with setups

WIDG3Y

Question

6 answers to this question

Have not seen one for F1 2019 yet, but here is a good one for F1 2018 that will give you a good idea of what each item/setting does:   https://www.f1carsetup.com/index.php?/topic/168810-how-to-make-your-own-setups-in-f1/

This thread explains some of the differences or issues between 2018 & 2019 setups: https://www.f1carsetup.com/index.php?/topic/180793-question-about-2019-setups/

Hope these help answer your questions.  Also, take note, the search option is your friend on this forum.

Life’s Too Short To Drive Slow!

@WIDG3Y & @Lucci747  Something that helped me tremendously a while ago was I went to a track I like in time trial and started with the "balanced" set up and I played with each adjustment one at a time.  For instance I'd take "front spring" and I adjust it to the max, drive out and see how that adjustment made the car feel.  I'd go back in the pits and then change the same thing to the minimum and do the same thing then I'd move to "rear spring" and repeat the process. Some you feel alot, some you may not notice much at all. It will take a little bit of time out of your day, but in my case it was well worth it.  

r2FsWlW.jpg

Thanks @4eyedCoupe I'll have to try give it a go when I get some time. Also thanks @GeeDub54 I have watched that video im just still not sure like what tracks you would know what setup to have but I guess it's just practise and another thing...with the different cars eg McLaren or redbull or whatever car your using, does the suspension make a massive difference?

On 7/12/2019 at 6:50 PM, WIDG3Y said:

I have watched that video im just still not sure like what tracks you would know what setup to have but I guess it's just practise and another thing...with the different cars eg McLaren or redbull or whatever car your using, does the suspension make a massive difference?

Yes, practice with a selected car and track. Settings will be somewhat different between cars. You can find specific car setups to try and adjust to your style of driving and preferences. Settings can vary between track. Actually they will vary much more between a track with lots of long straights and one with short straights and many curves.

Part of the fun for me is running a few laps, tweaking certain settings, run some more, tweak again until I'm satisfied with how the car handles. I'm still new to F1 2019 (actually F1 20xx), always ran GT and NASCAR series. Now I'm getting into F1 2019 and just got a wheel and wheel stand. This has taken me to a new level of satisfaction in F1. 

Practice a lot, tweak the setups to your liking and you will learn more about which does what, in a shorter amount of time., Good luck in finding the right settings for your style of driving, and have a lot of fun along the way.

Life’s Too Short To Drive Slow!

On 7/7/2019 at 6:04 AM, WIDG3Y said:

Hey guys.

So i do not  Nox Vidmate VLC understand exactly how how each part of the setup process works anyone able to give me like a good site to visit or video to watch so I can try understand it more?

Cheers 

Cant seem to Find a good video or website for it.. Maybe someone with a link? 

•