Gap between expert and legend difficulty

Ser Sascha

Hey guys.

I have a little problem. I'm between to difficulties. I'm to strong for the expert difficulty and to weak for the legend difficulty. What can I do?

okay, I have to get better. But it's a little bit frustrating, when your teammate is always one second or two seconds faster than you. 

I tried to turn off a couple of helps on expert (traction control to medium, no pit lane limiter, strong track limits), but I'm also faster than my teammate. But I can't play without ABS because I'm struggeling all the time. My tires always lock up.

Could a better setup close the gap between expert and legend difficulty?

The game is so cool, but I don't want to see a Sauber on the podium in the first race. 

thanks for your help/opinion

You're right. But what can we do? 

Later I'll try a lot of setups for the legend difficulty, but I think it wouldn't not help to much. We're talking about a lot of time.

the mix settings could make a difference, in expert, but I really like the "engine mappings" and don't want to miss them.

could a max fuel load make a difference? For example if I start a 50% race I could load 56kg fuel, and not 42kg or something else.

I have the same issue but between Hard and Expert... Back in 2015 I could manage Expert without fuss using careful tweakings and with no assists but ABS on the Ferrari. I started 2016 career with Renault on Hard to get adjusted, I managed a 12th and 5th  (after a wrecking pole) with default setups in Melbourne and Bahrain after terrible pit disasters in both occasions. In China I just mauled the competition.... Now, after changing to Expert I am struggling to keep within one second from the Manor after two engine and one downforce upgrades and Magnussen somehow is managing 10th. Tried using full traction control and various setups but I still qualified dead last in Sochi. With a severely underfueled car and softer compounds I managed to steal a 19th place (with Gutierrez and Haryanto harassing me every single corner of the race)

I don't want to win every race, I would be happy with a 15th+ finish and mop the floor with Magnussen, but I just can't. I'm on Barcelona now and things don't seem to improve, but going back to Hard would be a very easy win. The gap between Hard and Expert is way too big (6-8 secs across the grid). At this pace, Legend seems just plainly impossible.

EDIT

Apparently as always, the rain seems to make a disaster with everyone's performance. I was able to jump from 19th to 6th before the end of S1 for an achievement and would have ended 3rd if not for my tyre degrading completely on the last lap. Bear in mind the whole S3 with 3 wheels still landed me in 12th. Let's wish it's raining every single race.

Edited by Merengues

Oh ya. Rainy races are very cool. 

Now I'll try to use the fuel to make my car weaker. It works for me, but feels like driving with a permanent limiter. But it's okay.

In Shanghai I'Ve loaded 50kg fuel in Q1. So I finished P22. +3,8 behind Hamilton and +1,2 behind my teammate. Okay, my lap wasn't very good and I've used the standard mix, but than later it began to rain, and ya, than I finished last. I'm sure that I had the performance to close up to Nasr. But than cames the beautiful rain.

With 10kg fuel I'm 1,5 seconds faster than Nasr. 

well I notice exactly the same problem... 
I'm too strong in EXPERT difficulty, but too weak in LEGEND Difficulty. When it rains, it's actully ridicoulus. 
At EXPERT I finished Bahrain at 7th place... with a MANOR. In Rain in Russia I finished even 2nd.... 
In LEGEND I will never be able you be quick enough to only overtake one car... every race in this difficulty I finished at last place.... At Qulifying mostly around 2sec slower than WEHRLEIN. While in EXPERT mostly about 2sec fast than my Teammate.... 
This needs to be balanced.... really!

I don't know weather starting with more fuel than nessecary is a goo workaround, because it also effects the tyre wear down and it's in the end not realistic...

Does anyone know some good suggestions? 
Or
Are the F1 2016 developers doing something about it? 

6 hours ago, HerrHeinerich said:

well I notice exactly the same problem... 
I'm too strong in EXPERT difficulty, but too weak in LEGEND Difficulty. When it rains, it's actully ridicoulus. 
At EXPERT I finished Bahrain at 7th place... with a MANOR. In Rain in Russia I finished even 2nd.... 
In LEGEND I will never be able you be quick enough to only overtake one car... every race in this difficulty I finished at last place.... At Qulifying mostly around 2sec slower than WEHRLEIN. While in EXPERT mostly about 2sec fast than my Teammate.... 
This needs to be balanced.... really!

I don't know weather starting with more fuel than nessecary is a goo workaround, because it also effects the tyre wear down and it's in the end not realistic...

Does anyone know some good suggestions? 
Or
Are the F1 2016 developers doing something about it? 

I found a more or less workaround for finding yourself too strong for any difficulty. I use a setup purposely not made for speed, but tyre management. I forgot to save it, but with the setup I managed a one-stopper in Barcelona, a circuit that eats tires for breakfast with Mediums and Softs which propped me to 10th even when I was quite slower. Quali can be a pain in the butt because you're consistently slower. With an upgraded Renault I struggled to reach 19th and during races you'll have a Trulli train behind you most of the time, but so far is the only thing I've come up with while still keeping it real... Other than that, the only solution is gettin better.

12 hours ago, nuter41 said:

Can anyone suggest any tweets on setup I could use to save tyre wear

Check the Setups thread in the forum, I recommend Steeev88's setups as they are very soft on tyres, if you can run smoothly most of the race, you can pull one-stoppers even in Catalunya and Hungaroring. In any case, if during the race you feel that your tyre wear is terrible you can mend it adjusting the differential on throttle and fuel mix to lower settings on the multi-function panel while on the run.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a horrible time trying to balance enjoyment and realism in this game. I started in a Sauber and scored points in the first three races and even managed to score a pole and win by the time I hit Austria. I tried turning up the difficulty (already running with no assists) but I was having my pants pulled down in every session, even the tyre wear test was too much and I was running about half a second behind the Manors. 

• 10 months later...

I haven't bothered with career mode which it seems most people are on here. I'm just doing 100% grand prix weekends on expert as Nico Rosberg in the merc. And finding expert pretty easy to be honest altho 19 points behind my team mate after Silverstone where I came last but qualified p1 but tried overtaking in stupid places so my own fault but the race before in Austria p1 in quali and p1 in the race and probably my easiest race ever. But when it comes to the 17 game going up a level to master level if it's there.